Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

From every possible angle!

For this past 4 years, for as long as I've been blogging,
this blog was about sewing (mainly) kids clothes.
I often get the question why I don't sew for myself more.
I always answer that I like sewing for children better.
Truth is, I am never happy about the way I look in the things I sew for myself.
Truth is, I'm never happy about the way I look...

Over a year ago I blogged this post about turning forty.
At the time I assumed that becoming very self-conscious about ones flaws was part of the whole proces.


The strange thing was that I kinda was okay with the age thing really.
So I started thinking that the things I've been struggling with had nothing to do with getting older at all!
I began to realize that the reason why I don't like sewing for myself
is the same reason why I'm always the one that isn't in any of the pictures at party's...
I just don't like the way I look!



All of these pictures are about things that I've sewn for myself this past few years.
They never made it to the blog because I didn't think they were worth a second look,
so I didn't think anyone would find them interesting enough.


Now that I'm forty-one I decided: NO MORE!
This year this blog will be all about looking at myself!
From every possible angle!!!
...and also still a lot about sewing kids clothes and stuff ;-)

PS: I also decided this blog will be in English this year, see if I can...

Volg Lieveke en zus op social media 
      

Reacties

  1. Oooh wow! Wat dapper dat je dat zo eerlijk hardop durft te zeggen! En zo goed dat je dat gaat veranderen. Ben benieuwd wat je ons allemaal gaat laten zien!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een dapper besluit! Ik vind deze foto’s en outfits echt wel de moeite van het bekijken waard, en kijk uit naar wat er nog volgt!
    Ik heb mezelf ook voorgenomen om meer voor mezelf te naaien en ik herken de obstakels.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. geweldige beslissing, ik kijk uit naar je creaties voor jezelf! Ik snap je gevoel wel een beetje, zelf worstel ik daar ook wel eens mee als ik foto's van mezelf moet nemen en ze dan bekijk, maar het lukte me wel meer wel dan niet om me daarover te zetten :-) Blij dat dat voor jou ook zo is nu!! Succes!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Gelijk heb je! Ik blijf benieuwd naar alle naaisels en het mag zelfs gezegd, we hebben misschien niet het lijf van een 20-jarig model, maar we kunnen wel stralen. En als ik dat eens bekijk op deze foto's, dan doe je dat! Go for it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Bedankt voor uw reactie!
Het bericht zal worden weergegeven na goedkeuring.

Groetjes,
Ann